Book your consultation

Book Now Mobile
Probate and Gavel


Need an expert criminal lawyer at your next court appearance at Bankstown Local Court?

Do you have a Court Attendance Notice to appear at Burwood Local Court for a criminal or traffic offence? It’s best you seek legal advice as soon as possible from a Bankstown Criminal Lawyer. You can find information about the Bankstown Local Court on this page.

You are required to attend Burwood Local Court every day your matter is listed there — unless you have a legal representative and they ask for you to be excused on the next occasion. If the court excuses you, you won’t have to attend the next mention. However, you still have to attend your hearing or sentencing.

Are you going to Burwood Local Court?

Burwood Court House Contact Details

How to get to Burwood Local Court

Train: Burwood Local Court is a short walk from Burwood Train Station and is reachable by train from anywhere on the Sydney Trains Network.

Bus: There are regular bus services nearby Burwood Courthouse and train station, in particular on Burwood Road.

Drive: Burwood Courthouse is 10 km west of Sydney CBD.

Is there parking available? 

There are ample parking spots available across the road and behind the Burwood courthouse building.

What are the nearest landmarks? The nearest landmarks would be Burwood Police Station and Burwood Train Station.

Why Call Jameson Law?

We are experienced criminal defence lawyers who will guide you through the justice system with confidence and ease. We have appeared in Local courts and District courts across New South Wales. We can help you achieve a better outcome for your court matter.

Our criminal law knowledge and experience is your best defence. From criminal cases, traffic offences, drink driving to bail applications, our lawyers are ready to fight for you. Contact Jameson Law for advice on your legal situation now.

  • Award Winning Law Firm
  • Proven Track Record
  • 5 Star Reviews Everywhere

We're here to help

Book your Burwood Local Court consultation today

Verified Reviews

Frequently Asked Questions.

If you’re a party to a case in the NSW Local, District or Supreme Court, you can use the NSW Online Registry website to:

  1. Search for cases.

  2. View case information.

  3. Download case documents (such as judgements and court orders)

  4. View court dates.

It is open to the public, but attendance is required in person. Please adhere and check the latest court memorandums regarding attendance.

It is open to the public, but attendance is required in person. Please adhere and check the latest court memorandums regarding attendance.

The short answer to this question is no. When you are arrested for a crime, this process is executed by police however they are not the legal officers who then prosecute your matter. The police gather evidence for the prosecution in an aim to convict you of your crime but the physical task of trying to prove you are guilty is that of the prosecutor.

Police must ensure that the evidence they provide to the prosecutor will likely result in the outcome they are seeking and that the evidence was obtained legally and within their police powers. The reliability of the evidence lies with the police who worked on the matter. The police must ensure it is air tight to effect a good outcome. In circumstances like this, it is best to reach out to a lawyer for legal help.

In Criminal Law, Bail refers to a situation in which a person who is accused of a criminal offence is released from the custody of police officers, in exchange for a “bail undertaking”. A bail undertaking usually refers to where a person known to the accused person, provides an undertaking to the Court that if the accused person fails to comply with bail, including any bail conditions, they are liable to pay a sum of money. 

If your bail has been denied in the Local Court, you may be able to make another bail application if you can prove:

1. There has been a change of circumstance to warrant another bail application, or

2. There is new evidence that wasn’t available at the time of the initial bail application.

Alternatively, you can apply for Supreme Court bail if you have been bail refused. You will need:

a) A fixed address including an affidavit from someone you will be living with stating you are allowed to live there

b) Bail conditions you want and are able to comply with

c) Character references

d) JusticeLink case number for matters

e) If you want bail to attend rehab, you will need to organise your own rehabilitation. You will also need a letter from a rehab facility stating you have been accepted and the date of your admission

Common assault is a category of assault that is at the lower end of seriousness. It does not require physical contact or injury to occur. The maximum penalty for common assault is 2 years imprisonment and/or fine of $5,500.