The Albanese Labor Government has announced the cessation of the Pandemic Event visa.
- From 2 September 2023, the Pandemic Event (sc408) visa will only be open to applications from existing Pandemic Event visa holders.
- Pandemic Event (sc408) visa holders will be able to apply for a subsequent visa after 2 September 2023 until the visa is fully closed by February 2024.
- From 2 September 2023, new Pandemic Event visa applications will have a Visa Application Charge of $405.
- From 2 September 2023, Pandemic Event (sc408) visas will only be valid for 6 months
- All other visa holders will be ineligible for the Pandemic Event (sc408) visa from 2 September 2023.
- People with an valid Pandemic Event (sc408) visa wanting a different visa type must meet the requirements of the new visa.
If you hold a COVID sc408 visa (Pandemic Event visa) and need assistance transitioning to an alternative visa, we encourage you to reach out to us for guidance.